Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has hinted that impressive youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi might be handed a start in the upcoming Community Shield game against Manchester City.
The 17-year-old has been one of the impressive breakouts from the club’s youth system recently.
Hudson-Odoi has been very impressive for the Blues in all the pre-season games he has played thus far under Sarri.
Hudson-Odoi started the pre-season friendly against Arsenal in Dublin and was an absolute handful for Hector Bellerin all night down the left wing.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Meanwhile, the Blues are still missing some of their key men in Eden Hazard, Willian, Giroud and Michy Batshuayi.
The Blues succumbed to a loss on penalties, after playing 1 all in regulation time.
The player’s performances may have given him a shout for a start in the cracker against Manchester City.
When Sarri was asked about the performance of the youngster, he responded:
‘He will be a very, very strong player. ‘Will he be in the first team squad? I think so. He will be staying with us for all the season.’
Sarri also revealed that the team that’ll start against Man City will be similar to the one against Arsenal.
‘The starting XI today is very near to the starting XI in the Community Shield,’ he said.
Chelsea scored the opener in the game through an Antonio Rudiger header, and Lacazette equalized in the dying minutes of the game to take the game to penalties.
Sarri also revealed that his players do not have full match fitness. He added:
‘We had our first training on 16 July and we are late compared to Arsenal on the physical condition,’ the Italian said.
‘We have done very well in the first half and then we made a mistake in the last minute.’