Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has hinted that impressive youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi might be handed a start in the upcoming Community Shield game against Manchester City.
The 17-year-old has been one of the impressive breakouts from the club’s youth system recently.
Hudson-Odoi has been very impressive for the Blues in all the pre-season games he has played thus far under Sarri.
Hudson-Odoi started the pre-season friendly against Arsenal in Dublin and was an absolute handful for Hector Bellerin all night down the left wing.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- Callum Hudson Odoi gives condition to sign Chelsea new contract.
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
Meanwhile, the Blues are still missing some of their key men in Eden Hazard, Willian, Giroud and Michy Batshuayi.
The Blues succumbed to a loss on penalties, after playing 1 all in regulation time.
The player’s performances may have given him a shout for a start in the cracker against Manchester City.
When Sarri was asked about the performance of the youngster, he responded:
‘He will be a very, very strong player. ‘Will he be in the first team squad? I think so. He will be staying with us for all the season.’
Sarri also revealed that the team that’ll start against Man City will be similar to the one against Arsenal.
‘The starting XI today is very near to the starting XI in the Community Shield,’ he said.
Chelsea scored the opener in the game through an Antonio Rudiger header, and Lacazette equalized in the dying minutes of the game to take the game to penalties.
Sarri also revealed that his players do not have full match fitness. He added:
‘We had our first training on 16 July and we are late compared to Arsenal on the physical condition,’ the Italian said.
‘We have done very well in the first half and then we made a mistake in the last minute.’