- Chelsea appoints former Midfielder as Coach.
- There is a bigger opportunity for Hudson-Odoi at the Bridge.
Chelsea’s newly appointed manager Frank Lampard has admitted his desire to keep hold of England International Callum Hudson-Odoi, he said the Youngster his central to the club’s plans next season.
The 18-year-old is yet to pen a new contract with Chelsea which will see him earn about £100,000-per-week, but Lampard is hopeful Hudson-Odoi won’t be leaving Stamford Bridge anytime soon.
However, Lampard has indicated the winger has a bigger role to play in the 19/20 campaign.
“He [Hudson-Odoi] is going to be central for us on the pitch and that is the opportunity that is really in front of him now,” Lampard told reporters. “So that’s what I will speak to him about and I hope he stays.
“I am not going to say things that are pie in the sky. I am not going to say: ‘This is all going to be your way’. But knowing his talent he can be central to this team, he can be central to an England team.
“I am going to say I want to work with him, I want to drive him forward. I want to improve him as a player and he can show right here at Chelsea, the club he came through the academy at, that he is going to be an absolute world-class player – because I truly believe that.”
The 41-year-old was asked about rumours suggesting Hudson-Odoi’s move to Bayern Munich, Lampard claimed:
“I don’t know what the position was too much last year,” said the new Chelsea boss. “What I do know that before Callum got injured you could certainly see when he got opportunities he was playing well. He was showing the player that he is.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
Earlier reports by Savechelsea.net Callum Hudson Odoi gives condition to signing a new contract at the Bridge.
The 18-year-old revealed his conditions to Chelsea before signing a new contract, he wants assurance that he will get enough playing time and he will be a part of the starting XI when he returns from his long term injury.