- Chelsea appoints former Midfielder as Coach.
- There is a bigger opportunity for Hudson-Odoi at the Bridge.
Chelsea’s newly appointed manager Frank Lampard has admitted his desire to keep hold of England International Callum Hudson-Odoi, he said the Youngster his central to the club’s plans next season.
The 18-year-old is yet to pen a new contract with Chelsea which will see him earn about £100,000-per-week, but Lampard is hopeful Hudson-Odoi won’t be leaving Stamford Bridge anytime soon.
However, Lampard has indicated the winger has a bigger role to play in the 19/20 campaign.
“He [Hudson-Odoi] is going to be central for us on the pitch and that is the opportunity that is really in front of him now,” Lampard told reporters. “So that’s what I will speak to him about and I hope he stays.
“I am not going to say things that are pie in the sky. I am not going to say: ‘This is all going to be your way’. But knowing his talent he can be central to this team, he can be central to an England team.
“I am going to say I want to work with him, I want to drive him forward. I want to improve him as a player and he can show right here at Chelsea, the club he came through the academy at, that he is going to be an absolute world-class player – because I truly believe that.”
The 41-year-old was asked about rumours suggesting Hudson-Odoi’s move to Bayern Munich, Lampard claimed:
“I don’t know what the position was too much last year,” said the new Chelsea boss. “What I do know that before Callum got injured you could certainly see when he got opportunities he was playing well. He was showing the player that he is.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
Earlier reports by Savechelsea.net Callum Hudson Odoi gives condition to signing a new contract at the Bridge.
The 18-year-old revealed his conditions to Chelsea before signing a new contract, he wants assurance that he will get enough playing time and he will be a part of the starting XI when he returns from his long term injury.