- The Spanish defender believes that struggling Chelsea striker would be a welcome addition at the Camp Nou.
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata is set to push for a potential transfer move from the Stamford Bridge outfit.
- AC Milan, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are interested in adding the Chelsea striker to their squad list.
Barcelona full-back, Jordi Alba has said that Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata would be well received at the Camp Nou if a move for the Spaniard comes into fruition.
Morata has been linked with a move to AC Milan or Barcelona in January. Regardless of his failure to take the Premier League by storm, Jordi Alba has spoken on a potential move to Barca for the Spain international.
“Morata is a player that I appreciate a lot. He has been a top player for many years. In the end, it’s the club’s [decision] if they want to sign him or not, as with any other player. If the rumors are true, he would be very welcome, as all the new players [are].”
The player’s link with Barcelona comes as a surprise to many going by his performances for the Blues in recent times.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner Sends Strong Signal To Liverpool, Man City
- EPL: Willian Gets Three-Year Deal Worth Over £100,000-A-Week
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- EFL Cup injury news as Chelsea host Bournemouth
- Bad news for strikers as false 9 favors Chelsea
- Jordi Alba – Morata would be welcome at Barca
However, Barcelona needs a cover for Luis Suarez but it remains to be seen if they’ll consider Morata as a target.
Previously, SaveChelsea.net reported on the expected news regarding the extent of Morata’s injury. The Blues striker suffered an injury in Chelsea’s UEFA Europa League clash against Mol Vidi in Hungary. The Chelsea striker is expected to spend some time on the sidelines; with Olivier Giroud expected to take his place.