- Former Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho has led his new club Man United to face his former club a record of 6 times.
- He is bent on taking 3 point from Chelsea in this weekend encounter.
The Premier League returns this weekend and one of the crunch ties will see Jose Mourinho take his Manchester United side to face his former club Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
This will be the 9th time the Portuguese boss will be facing Chelsea in a competitive game, with the first being with Inter Milan in the UEFA Champions League about 8 years ago.
Since then, Jose Mourinho has gone to face Chelsea 6 times as Manchester United boss.
His return to Stamford Bridge with the Serie A outfit was fun as his side beat Chelsea home and away with a 3:1 aggregate win, eliminating the Blues and progressing to the next stage of the UCL.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
However, he has lost his last three encounters at Stamford Bridge after then.
He comes up against the Sarriball playing Blues who are in a rich vein of form at Stamford Bridge this weekend, with the possibility of moving 4 points close with a win.
Therefore, we’ve taken a look at his previous clashes against Chelsea in all competitions.
1. Inter Milan 2:1 Chelsea – February 24, 2010
This was his first clash against the Blues and he emerged victorious courtesy of goals from Diego Milito and Esteban Cambiasso.
Salomon Kalou scored the away goal for Chelsea in the game. The Italians would now visit Stamford Bridge with a goal to protect.
After the game, he said: “Mourinho does not lose at Stamford Bridge. We can go there with a legitimate ambition to go through.”
2. Chelsea 0:1 Inter Milan – March 16, 2010
The Portuguese manager was confident of a positive result on the night and it came through Samuel Eto’o.
It was the only goal on the night and it enabled the Italians to progress. Meanwhile, Didier Drogba was red carded in the course of the game.
After the game, Mourinho said: “We deserve this victory, this must be an almost a perfect performance. Chelsea had reactions of frustration, of a team that felt the opposition was stronger. They tried to get back with conflict, long balls and diving in the box but I think everything we did was superior.”
3. Chelsea 4:0 Man United – October 23, 2016
Jose Mourinho was definitely expecting something similar to his Inter Milan visit but all plans went out the window when Chelsea raced into an early lead through Pedro in just 30 seconds.
Gary Cahill scored the second, while Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante completed the rout with the third and fourth goals respectively.
The scene of Mourinho remonstrating with Conte over his touchline celebrations cannot be forgotten.
4. Chelsea 1:0 Man United – March 13, 2017
The two sides clashed again at Stamford Bridge in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.
The Blues under Antonio Conte yet again emerged victoriously in a 1 nil win courtesy of a strike from N’Golo Kante. Man United ended the game with 10 men as Ander Herrera was red carded.
5. Man United 2:0 Chelsea – April 16, 2017
Mourinho tasted success against his former side at Old Trafford when the Blues came visiting in the Premier League. Marcus Rashford and Ander Herrera scored the goals on the day for Man United.
6. Chelsea 1:0 Man United – November 6, 2017
Jose Mourinho yet again suffered another defeat against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. This was his third consecutive loss at the venue with Man United.
Alvaro Morata scored the goal for the Blues with a well-taken header in the 55th minute of the game.
7. Man United 2:1 Chelsea – February 25, 2018
Chelsea raced into the lead in this one through Willian at Old Trafford. However, the Red Devils wanted it more with Romelu Lukaku scoring the equalizer.
Jesse Lingard scored the winner for Man United with a header after being set up by Romelu Lukaku.
8. Chelsea 1:0 Man United – May 19, 2018
This was the last game between Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho at opposing dugouts. It was the FA Cup final at Wembley. The rift between the two managers had been publicized all season.
Eden Hazard scored the only goal in the game and winner for Chelsea through a well-taken penalty.
After the game, a clearly frustrated Mourinho lashed out:
“I think we were the best team, but that is football. I am quite curious to know what you say or what people write because if my team plays like Chelsea did, I can imagine what people would say.”
Also catch our story how Jose Mourinho drooled about the support he got from Chelsea fans.
He expressed his feeling on how nice he felt when the fans at Stamford Bridge always screamed his name, and if they talk bad about him now, he feels indifferent.
Jose Mourinho must be the most controversial coach to ever arrive at the EPL, what are your thoughts?
kindly comment in the box below.