Chelsea midfielder N’golo Kante is set to be the highest paid player at Chelsea according to reports after receiving a new contract offer from the club that sees him earn a whopping £290,000 per week.
Kante has been an integral part of the Chelsea squad since his arrival in a £30m deal from Leicester.
The midfielder has carved a niche for himself at both club and international level having played a crucial role in France’s Russia 2018 World Cup win.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea World cup winners recieve Legion of Honours medal.
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Chelsea are condemned to beat Brighton at the Amex
- Carragher – Sarri is making Kante look average
- Kante signs new 5-year deal worth £290,000 weekly
- Does Sarri really need Kante for Sarriball
- Report – Kante set to renew contract with Chelsea
The player has attracted major interest from Ligue 1 giants Paris St- Germain but Chelsea have moved fast in a bid to ensure that the player commits his future to the club for the foreseeable future.
According to The Times, Kante has been offered a new five-year deal club-record contract with £15 million per season.
This deal makes him move above Eden Hazard who is Chelsea’s present highest earner at £220,000 per week.
Reports suggest that Kante has not asked to leave Chelsea despite the interest from PSG, and Chelsea are not prepared to sell the midfielder this summer, and probably, not anytime soon.