- Kepa is optimistic about Chelsea chances of picking up all three points against Leicester City.
- Says Chelsea must maintain current spirit but get better results.
- Identifies ‘N’Golo Kante as a really important player for Chelsea.
Savechelsea.net reports that the Chelsea goalkeeper made this comment during an interview with Chelsea.com in reaction to the back to back loses that The Blues have suffered since the beginning of the 2019/2020 football season.
Arrizabalaga, who is optimistic about Chelsea’s chances of picking up all three points against Leicester City later today, identified midfielder ‘N’Golo Kante as a really important player for Chelsea amidst the transfer ban placed on the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Meanwhile, Savechelsea.net recalls that The Blues lost its opening Premier League game to Manchester United in what was a disappointing 4-0 defeat.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
Days later, the boys from Stamford Bridge lost the UEFA Super Cup to Liverpool through penalties.
Despite the loses, Arrizabalaga has expressed hope that with some of the players who missed one or both of those matches returning to action, The Blues will bounce back.
His words: ‘It is true that it wasn’t the best match to start the season, it wasn’t the result that we were looking for,’ said the Spaniard. ‘Against Liverpool, we played a really good match, irrespective of the opposition we played really well, but it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth when you lose on penalties like that. We’ve got three matches now until the international break and we need to carry on along the same line we’ve been going, but get better results.
On the importance of having Kante back in the team, the goalkeeper said: ‘N’Golo Kante is a really important player for us. He’s already had such a great career, he’s won the World Cup and was voted the best player in the Premier League when he won that trophy, and it’s true that against Liverpool he surprised even us, because in pre-season he had injury problems, he had to train apart, and it was only after playing 20 minutes against Man United that he came back into the team. But he showed his quality out on the pitch and he’s someone we all really notice his presence when he’s there.’
‘We’ve got a young team so in many ways, we are a team that’s in development, because we have new players coming in, young players, and we’ve lost an important player from last season of course and had a change of manager. So the team is in a phase of building at the moment but we’ve got really important players coming back, players coming back from injury or like Willian who was out at the Copa America, and they’re going to come back into the team and really help us to strengthen what we’ve already got in place,’ he added.