- Kepa Arrizabalaga, Chelsea’s new goalie at the Bridge says he was motivated by the Spaniards in Chelsea to join the Blues.
- Chelsea’s management had to cough out a whopping 80 million Pounds to bring the Spaniard to the Bridge.
Chelsea’s current record signing and new goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga has revealed that the Spanish contingent at the club convinced him to join.
The 23-year-old has also expressed hopes that his Spanish teammates will help him ease to life in the Premier League.
The Spaniard arrived at Stamford Bridge in a world record fee for a goalkeeper at 80 million from Spanish Basque outfit Athletic Bilbao as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois.
“I know some players in the current team from the Spanish national side. All of them have told me what it’s like to play here and I have had excellent references from them about the game here,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
He has five compatriots in Cesar Azpilicueta, Alvaro Morata, Pedro, Cesc Fabregas, and Marcos Alonso.
He also added that;
“They’re all happy, comfortable at the club and encouraged me to make the move and have an international experience, and it’s something I felt like doing,”
Kepa might make his competitive debut for Chelsea in the Premier League when they face Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
Do you think there is a strong Spanish presence in the Chelsea set up?
What’s your take on this.
kindly post your comment in the box below.