- Liverpool’s boss Jurgen Klopp prepared to set a major upset against Chelsea after Carabao cup loss.
- In form Eden Hazard sealed The Reds fate with a solo run, beating 5 defenders to score the winning goal.
- Liverpool will be eager to establish a 5 point lead in the coming EPL encounter.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has set his eyes on a possible revenge when Liverpool face Chelsea in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening.
This is coming after Maurizio Sarri’s men ended the Red’s perfect start to the season by eliminating them from the Carabao Cup in midweek at Anfield in a 2:1 defeat.
Eden Hazard was the star on the night as his solo run produced the winner for Chelsea after he went past 5 defenders, as the Blues came from behind to seal the win.
Regardless, Klopp has insisted that his side are more motivated after their first defeat of the season preceded by 7 consecutive wins.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
“We want to strike back, of course, but you lose once, it can happen”.
“Striking back is a duty in sport, a big part of what I love. In a season you always play twice”.
“It’s not easy to play a team in August and then say in May ‘let’s strike back’ but in three days, it’s possible. Let’s try”.
“It will not be an easy game, both teams know that. But the best preparation for the Saturday game is the Wednesday game, because you can never know more about an opponent than in a match against them”.
“Of course there will be a few different players on the pitch, but we try to use our information from Wednesday to do it better.”
Liverpool will be eager to establish a 5 point lead while the Blues will be keen to leapfrog them on the log.
Speaking further, Klopp said:
“It’s difficult enough to try to win the game or get a point at Chelsea, I don’t think about the five-point gap, and the five-point gap with 31 games to go is nothing”.
“It’s only about gaining points on our account”.
Did you catch up on our exclusive story on how Hazard inspired Chelsea, thrash Liverpool. Click to read.
The Blues emerged victoriously with a 2:1 win against Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday, after coming from behind to seal a victory.
Highly in form Hazard did a “yo” man’s job. Catch up on this exclusive report on Chelsea’s hottest.
What chances has the Blues got against Liverpool, what would be the best game plan?,
Please comment in the box below.