Mateo Kovacic has made some revealing comments about his future at Chelsea, as well as his possible return to Real Madrid after the season.
Kovacic joined Real Madrid from Inter Milan three seasons ago above €30 million but struggled to establish himself as a regular at the Santiago Bernabeu.
He spoke to Croatian outlet Klub after the game. He said:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
“It was important that after 3 years of inconsistency in playing time in Madrid I’ve got into a team that wants me and a coach that wants and trust me, that’s how Chelsea happened.
“That’s what I really need now, as I said earlier I’m feeling really good and I want to keep it that way.”
The Croatian appears more enthusiastic compared to his time at Real Madrid where the likes oF Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Isco were all ahead of him.
“(Maurizio Sarri) knows me for a long time, I’ve watched a lot of his games, he likes to play and that’s what matters in my opinion. The squad is phenomenal with many great players that’s why it wasn’t so hard to adapt quick.
“The tempo is higher, there is more space, but as I said it’s not hard to adapt when you are surrounded by great players. I would thank to all fans that support me and I will make sure I payback on the pitch.”