- Kovacic might miss the Spurs game on saturday due to muscular injury.
- He has been absent to trainings after international fixtures.
- Ross Barkley and Cesc Fabregas are tipped to be favorites to replace him.
Mateo Kovacic could be a major midfield doubt for the Blues when they visit Wembley to play Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League on Saturday.
This is coming after the player picked up a muscular injury during the course of the recent international break.
It can be recalled that Kovacic was absent from Croatia’s 2:1 loss to England in the UEFA Nations League on Sunday, and ESPN’s Liam Twoney has revealed that he was absent from the next day’s training.
Regardless, hopes are high that he can recover in time, ahead of the crunching derby which is a major threat to Chelsea’s unbeaten run in the Premier League thus far.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Meanwhile, Kovacic responded to questions about the injury after the game. He said:
The Blues are not short in midfield if he happens to miss the game as the likes of Ross Barkley and Cesc Fabregas will be favorites to replace him.
Ross Barkley has been competing with Mateo Kovacic for a place in the starting lineup, and it has been fierce as the England international has been impressive thus far.
Regardless, Kovacic has been integral to Maurizio Sarri’s side as they remain unbeaten in all competitions, and would want to remain so after the visit to Wembley.
Savechelsea.net has reported that Chelsea has been sitting on top of Premier League table after 5 matches, thanks to Sarri football.
Do you think Kovacic will be back on top form after his injury?
drop your comment below.