The Carabao Cup is close to the stage where the elite clubs in the Premier League will begin to compete.
This comes with the possibility that Chelsea could be drawn to face club legend Frank Lampard’s Derby County and the former Chelsea star has relished the possibility.
Derby County currently being managed by Frank Lampard moved to the next round after a 4 nil win over Hull City.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
New signing Florian Josefzoon from Brentford scored twice for Derby in a one-sided clash.
The other goals came from Martyn Waghorn as well as a Chelsea academy star Mason Mount who is currently on loan to Derby from Chelsea.
Lampard whilst looking ahead to the next round where they could be drawn against the big boys said:
“The big boys are coming in which will be a great test for us. It’s a competition we want to do well in.”
When asked about the possibility of facing his former club where he attained legendary status, he said:
“It’s an obvious question for me, it would be nice. For the romantic link Chelsea would be a good one.”