The Carabao Cup is close to the stage where the elite clubs in the Premier League will begin to compete.
This comes with the possibility that Chelsea could be drawn to face club legend Frank Lampard’s Derby County and the former Chelsea star has relished the possibility.
Derby County currently being managed by Frank Lampard moved to the next round after a 4 nil win over Hull City.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
New signing Florian Josefzoon from Brentford scored twice for Derby in a one-sided clash.
The other goals came from Martyn Waghorn as well as a Chelsea academy star Mason Mount who is currently on loan to Derby from Chelsea.
Lampard whilst looking ahead to the next round where they could be drawn against the big boys said:
“The big boys are coming in which will be a great test for us. It’s a competition we want to do well in.”
When asked about the possibility of facing his former club where he attained legendary status, he said:
“It’s an obvious question for me, it would be nice. For the romantic link Chelsea would be a good one.”