The Carabao Cup is close to the stage where the elite clubs in the Premier League will begin to compete.
This comes with the possibility that Chelsea could be drawn to face club legend Frank Lampard’s Derby County and the former Chelsea star has relished the possibility.
Derby County currently being managed by Frank Lampard moved to the next round after a 4 nil win over Hull City.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
New signing Florian Josefzoon from Brentford scored twice for Derby in a one-sided clash.
The other goals came from Martyn Waghorn as well as a Chelsea academy star Mason Mount who is currently on loan to Derby from Chelsea.
Lampard whilst looking ahead to the next round where they could be drawn against the big boys said:
“The big boys are coming in which will be a great test for us. It’s a competition we want to do well in.”
When asked about the possibility of facing his former club where he attained legendary status, he said:
“It’s an obvious question for me, it would be nice. For the romantic link Chelsea would be a good one.”