- Ross Barkley speaks up about working with Lampard.
- We have so much to explore with Frank as our new manager.
Chelsea‘s new manager Frank Lampard has encouraged his side especially the midfielders to approach games with more attacking resolve.
However, Barkley believes the 41-year-old’s approach has changed their mentality dramatically. in an interview with the midfielder, he said:
‘New manager, new formations.
We’ve got to just be adaptable to different formations that we’re going to play and be hungry for goals, have the desire to get in the box,’ Barkley told reporters about the side’s new style and his new role.
‘At the minute I’ve been playing a little bit further forward, so you want to think like a striker, especially a No.10, and try to help out defensively and work hard off the ball.
‘He will help all the midfielders.
He’s a legend of the game, he’s the highest-scoring midfielder in Premier League history, so we’re going to take all he has to give us from the experience he’s had, we’re going to take all that on board and we’ll keep improving and he’ll help us.
‘In training, he’s saying to express yourself on the pitch, take risks, don’t be too safe, shoot and try and create chances and stuff – which I can do, and which he’s just been putting into me in training and for the pre-season games.
I saw what he was capable of as a player when I played with him for England a few years ago and he’s brought the work ethic that he used to have as a player, as a manager, into the squad and everyone is working really hard.
‘You don’t want to play in your shell. You want to be playing off the cuff sometimes, to take chances and make something happen. That’s what players like myself, Mason [Mount], Ruben [Loftus-Cheek] when he’s back, that’s what we want to express on the pitch.’
Savechelsea.net reported earlier the Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on a season-long loan
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
Chelsea and Wales International Nathan Ampadu has joined German side RB Leipzig on a loan deal. Manager Frank Lampard believes the move will ensure Ampadu will mature in his game and he can not wait to work with him.