- Inexperience will not be a problem for Lampard.
- Having people with experience will be the best decision for him.
Chelsea’s current Manager Maurizio Sarri is keen on returning to Italy, the Blues have turned their attention to former player and current Derby manager Franck Lampard as the best candidate to lead the Club.
Past Chelsea managers Ruud Gullit and Roberto Di Matteo in an interview with Sky Sports believe that Frank Lampard has what it takes to be successful as Chelsea manager.
While Lampard has only one season of experience as a manager, Gullit feels that his lack of experience should not count against the Chelsea legend.
‘Look, he has done nothing yet as a coach. [But] they gave me this opportunity as well and we won, so that [inexperience] has nothing to do with it,’ said the Dutchman, who led Chelsea to FA Cup success in his first season as player-manager in 1996/97.
‘I think it’s important for Chelsea that they have someone in charge they can relate to. I hope also they can get the right people around him who can help him.
‘He must not make the mistake to get friends there, he has to make sure he gets some people there who have experience in managing and coaching teams. That will be the best thing for him.’
Former Blues manager Di Matteo, who managed Lampard as a player feels that the former midfielder is ready as a Premier League manager. The Blues won the FA Cup and Champions League in 2012, under the Italian.
‘He’s definitely the right man, he’s got personality,’ said the Italian.
‘I followed Derby last season and he plays very good football – he has all the experience in the world.
‘It’s a great fit, whether it’s right now or not? Only time can tell. You can’t say it’s too early, you have to give people a chance. He’s got all the tools and it will make a lot of people happy if he is the next manager.’
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Aston Villa race to sign Ampadu
- Lampard warned amidst Blues job
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Zola to continue managerial career at Juventus
Read other stories reported by Savechelsea.net. Has Eden Hazard disrespected Chelsea?
Chelsea star man Eden Hazard has openly declared his dream to play for the Los Blancos, though his contract keeps him till the summer of 2020. All attempt to extend the 28-year-old contract at the Bridge, so far as failed as the Belgian mind seems to be made up.