- Derby’s owner explains why Lampard’s negotiation was delayed.
- It’s just a matter of time before Chelsea announce their new manager.
Owner of Derby County Mel Morris has explained Frank Lampard’s negotiations was delayed due to his holiday but he expects the deal to be finalized soon.
Ever since January, the Blues legend has been heavily linked to be the next Chelsea’s manager. The departure of Maurizio Sarri confirmed the Blues interest on bringing the former midfielder back to the Bridge.
Lampard in his managerial debut led Derby County to a Championship play-off final last season though they fell short of a Premier League return losing 2-1 to Aston Villa.
However, Derby owner feels now it’s just a matter of days before his return to is confirmed, he said:
‘Obviously, it’s a matter between Chelsea and Frank at this stage, but they’ve now got the opportunity to finalize matters,’
after it was revealed on Monday that Lampard had been excused from the start of Derby’s pre-season preparations to give him time to talk with the Blues.
‘As we’ve said before, when Frank and I first met we discussed this very eventuality, the only difference is the timing of this.
‘My belief at this point in time is that Frank and Chelsea need to have the time to finalize the transaction between them.
‘You could say they’ve had plenty of time, but in fairness, Frank was away on vacation – and a well-deserved one after a pretty tough season – and he didn’t come back until Friday, so I think that has been a big factor.’
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
Morris also added Derby has started accelerating the process of naming a successor and he hopes a new manager will emerge before the Rams leave for their pre-season tour next week.
‘We have [started looking for a new boss], and we will now accelerate those efforts,
‘Obviously, there’s a lot of activity expected to go on during the course of this week. We’re still very keen to get something sorted out in terms of the forthcoming tour to Florida.’
Savechelsea.net also report Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge.
Former Lampard teammate Makelele has backed the 41-year-old for the role of Chelsea head coach and he believes Lampard will be a great manager at Chelsea read more…