Below is your Chelsea digest for Wednesday, September 2.
Mendy transfer round-up
So far, the Blues have added five new players to their ranks and spent around £130million.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- ‘Werner Will Have A Field Day’ – Chelsea Fans Can’t Believe Liverpool Defending Leeds United
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Frank Lampard Reveals Key Secrete To Transfer Success (Full Text)
- How My Wife Aided My Surprise Role In Chelsea -Lampard
- Frank Lampard Set Sell N’Golo Kante After Kai Havertz Deal
- Chelsea Spending Spree Continues After Kai Havertz Deal
- See Robbie Savage Chelsea Prediction Ahead Of New Premier League Season
One man that is being heavily linked with a move to Stamford Bridge is Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy
With that in mind, here is a round-up of everything we know so far concerning the Senegal international’s future.
Havertz £24m boost
The summer transfer window will remain open for another month, and rumours are beginning to heat up with the start of the Premier League season fast approaching.
A goalkeeper is thought to be a priority for Lampard following Kepa Arrizabalaga’s inconsistent form last season and there have been links to the likes of Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak and Mendy.
Although, the club’s most likely next signing is Bayer Leverkusen wonderkid Kai Havertz.
The Blues are to agree on a fee of around £72million, with add-ons which will take the final fee to around £90million and this deal took a major step forward on Monday afternoon.
Carragher’s title verdict
Former Liverpool centre-back Jamie Carragher believes Chelsea will be unable to mount a Premier League title charge this season unless they add a new goalkeeper to their ranks.
The Blues have been the Premier League’s big spenders so far this summer, drafting in five new recruits, with three of them of being big-money signings in the shape of Leicester City and England left-back Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech of Ajax and Germany international Timo Werner from RB Leipzig.
The trio have also been joined in making the switch to Stamford Bridge by Thiago Silva and Malang Sarr.