Home CHELSEA TRANSFER NEWS Latest Chelsea Football Transfer News For Today Wednesday 5th August

Latest Chelsea Football Transfer News For Today Wednesday 5th August

-

Good morning, Chelsea Football Fans, welcome to SaveChelsea Nigeria roundup of Latest Chelsea Football Transfer News For Today Wednesday 5th August 2020.

In our today’s edition of Chelsea Football Transfer News, We shared with you Exclusive Chelsea transfer news, rumors, and new deals.

SaveChelsea.Net reports that Chelsea Football Club is reportedly holding advanced talks with Real Madrid’ left-back Sergio Reguilon after Leicester demanded an £80m-plus fee for Ben Chilwell.

The Blues are also said to be in a strong position to snap up Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz after Bayern Munich confirmed they are no longer in the race for the German’s top star.

Follow all the latest transfer updates from the Bridge below and visit our homepage for more Chelsea news….. Don’t Miss Anything!

The Blues are still battling to sign Bayer Leverkusen attacker Kai Havertz – while being increasingly linked with Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon.

SaveChelsea understands that Germany star Havertz would complete a trio of explosive captures after the arrivals of goal-maker Hakim Ziyech and goal-taker Timo Werner.

But for now, Chelsea is reportedly in “advanced talks” over 23-year-old Spaniard Reguilon, a loan hit with Sevilla this season.

It seems, though, any lingering hopes of keeping winger Willian have disappeared.

Arsenal is on the brink of landing the Brazil winger, 31, on a three-year deal that the Blues refused to give him.

Having said that, the Gunners need to offload Henrikh Mkhitaryan following his loan with Roma before they can complete the Willian deal.

Meanwhile, Chelsea is monitoring Manchester United keeper Dean Henderson’s situation for possible signing.

The Sheffield United loanee is unwilling to return to Old Trafford as back-up to David De Gea.

Leeds could make a shock swoop for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, 26

And FA Cup final casualty Pedro, who dislocated his shoulder in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat against Arsenal, posted a thumbs-up photo after a successful operation.

SaveChelsea reports that the 33-year-old, now joining Roma, wrote: “The surgery went well, I will be back soon. It was a pity not to win the FA Cup. Thank you all for your support.”

SELL HENRIKH TO LAND WILLIAN

Arsenal is closing in on a deal to sign Chelsea’s Willian on a free.

But there are still hurdles to be cleared before an agreement can be reached with the Brazilian, who turns 32 on Sunday.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is keen to sign the winger on a three-year deal.

But that is dependent on Henrikh Mkhitaryan not returning from his loan at Roma.

And Arteta also needs to overcome fears about the player’s age and the club becoming too reliant on agent Kia Joorabchian.

Willian, who missed Chelsea’s FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal on Saturday injured, is definitely leaving Stamford Bridge after running down his contract.

The Blues offered him a two-year deal but would not agree to his request for an extra 12 months.

MAKE ME No1 OR IT HENDS NOW

Dean Henderson is heading into showdown talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, insisting: “Make me No 1 or let me go.”

The keeper, 23, has enjoyed two massively successful seasons on loan with Sheffield United.

But he does not want to return to Old Trafford to play second fiddle to current first-choice keeper David De Gea.

The Spaniard’s high-profile blunders have led to calls for in-form Henderson to replace him as United’s main man between the sticks.

Chelsea are among the teams monitoring the situation – and are reported to be willing to more than double his wages.

Frank Lampard’s side could bid for Henderson but United do not want to lose him to a Premier League rival.

It leaves Solskjaer in a difficult position, with De Gea having signed a six-year deal worth £117million this time last year.

WILLIAN ‘WANTS’ ARSENAL MOVE

Chelsea midfielder Willian reportedly wants to join Arsenal despite higher offers from the MLS.

The Mirror says the Brazil star, who will be 32 on Sunday, is after both the security of a new three-year deal and extending his stay in the Premier League.

Spurs were also in the running at one stage, but David Beckham’s newly-formed Inter Miami was thought to have put together the largest pay package.

LEEDS LINKED TO BATSHUAYI

Leeds could make a shock swoop for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi.

Football Insider says the Belgium star, 26, is finally set for a permanent exit after four years at Stamford Bridge regularly spent away on loan.

Premier League newcomers are looking for big names for their first season back in the top flight.

And Batshuayi has enjoyed temporary spells with Borussia Dortmund, Valencia and Crystal Palace.

PRO DEAR! WILLIAN ‘MOVE’ LEAKED

WILLIAN’S transfer to Arsenal appears to have been confirmed in a leaked Pro Evo clip.

The Chelsea winger – who has rejected the club’s latest offer of a new two-year deal – is shown wearing the Gunners kit in the seven-second video.

Arsenal have partnered with video game series Pro Evo – whose game rivals Fifa as the biggest on PS4 and Xbox.

The clip says “new signing” at the beginning and appears to show the 31-year-old Brazilian in Arsenal colours with “Willian” across the screen.

Arsenal tweeted a video earlier today showing what players can expect from the game set for release on September 15 – three days after the new Premier League season begins.

The leaked video suggests Willian will by then have completed his move from Stamford Bridge to the Emirates.

VILLA HEAD CHELSEA IN FIGHT FOR WHIZKID

Aston Villa are set to beat Liverpool, Chelsea and German giants Bayern Munich to sign Exeter City’s England youth international Ben Chrisene.

The midfielder became the Grecians’ youngest ever player last August when he came on against Coventry City in the Carabao Cup, aged 15 years, seven months.

That was three months sooner than Exeter’s previous record holder Ethan Ampadu, who later joined Chelsea and starred for Wales.

Chrisene had been tipped to follow in Ampadu’s footsteps after emerging as one of the top teenagers in Europe

And Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has personally tried to persuade him to join.

Jurgen Klopp has also invited Chrisene to watch a Champions’ League game as a VIP guest of Liverpool, while the youngster has already turned out for Bayern Munich’s youth team last season.

But Dean Smith now looks favourite to sign Chrisene, according to Devon Live.

They say the youngster has turned down the League Two side’s offer of a pro contract, having made five first-team appearances for the Grecians before the season ended.

IVANOVIC SET FOR EVERTON

Branislav Ivanovic says he will “probably” join Everton after receiving a “good offer”.

The free agent and Chelsea legend, 36, has been with Russian side Zenit St Petersburg since 2017.

And the Serb defender has also been attracted interest from home country club Red Star Belgrade.

But he has been tipped to reunite with his ex-Stamford Bridge boss Carlo Ancelotti at Goodison Park.

Ivanovic said: “I will probably continue my career at Everton. I received a good offer from them.

“So far, I have not received any offer from Red Star.

“If anyone calls me then I will consider the offer.”

TEN AND OUT FOR BLUES

Chelsea are set to offload up to TEN stars this summer including N’Golo Kante, according to reports.

The Blues have already spent big on Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech and Frank Lampard looks set to wave goodbye to some big names to balance the books.

Having had a season hampered by injury, the West Londoners are said to be happy to let well-paid Kante go.

The Frenchman is on a whopping £290,000-a-week.

Defenders Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Emerson Palmieri and Marcos Alonso are also for sale, according to the Times.

Tiemoue Bakayoko and Ross Barkley are also available, and the Blues will also try to offload outcast Michy Batshuayi.

Willian looks set to join Arsenal who are reportedly willing to offer him the three-year deal he was refused at Stamford Bridge.

I’LL BE BACK SOON

Pedro vowed to be “back soon” after undergoing successful surgery.

The 33-year-old dislocated his shoulder during Chelsea’s 2-1 FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

Pedro was carried off the pitch on a stretcher following a collision with Gunners goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.

It was the Spaniard’s last appearance for the Blues after almost five years with the club as he is joining Roma.

Pedro confirmed with a selfie from his hospital bed that his surgery went well, giving a thumbs-up.

The caption read: “The surgery went well, I will be back soon. It was a pity not to win the FA Cup. Thank you all for your support.”

PEDRO OP OK

Pedro has undergone successful surgery on his shoulder.

The Spaniard dislocated his shoulder at the end of Chelsea’s FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

It was the winger’s last game for the Blues with the player braced to join Roma next season.

ALSO READ:  Latest Chelsea Football Transfer News For Today Saturday 10th August: The £200m Plans, Havertz Decision, Koulibaly Latest

POWER SERG

The Sergio Reguilon story appears to be developing quickly, with ESPN sources now claiming Chelsea are in advanced talks to sign the Real Madrid man.

The 23-year-old has enjoyed a fruitful loan spell at Sevilla this season, with Julen Lopetegui’s side wanting to sign him and Everton also interested.

ALSO READ:  Cahill to leave Chelsea in January

But it appears the Blues have stolen a march and must now decide whether to make an approach to loan the player or pay a £22.5m fee.

Chelsea had been targeting Leicester’s Ben Chilwell but negotiations have proved more difficult than expected with the Foxes demanding a world record fee for a defender, exceeding the £80m Man Utd paid to sign Harry Maguire.

BRING MBUY FREE SALE

Chelsea are reportedly close to signing 18-year-old ex-Barcelona centre-back Xavier Mbuyamba – dubbed the ‘next Virgil van Dijk’ – on a free transfer.

Mbuyamba is frustrated at playing just three Uefa Youth League games for Barca this season.

And the Daily Mail say Chelsea wantthe Dutchman to develop his career with them.

BOUNCY BALL-OS

Dani Ceballos” influence in the FA Cup final has been highlighted by an incredible touch map showing the Spaniard all over the pitch.

The 23-year-old midfielder – who has spent the season on loan from Real Madrid – starred in Arsenal’s 2-1 triumph against Chelsea at Wembley on Saturday.

Two-goal skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was named man of the match, but it was Ceballos who pulled the strings.

His touch map shows just how much he was involved in the game, as he touched the ball an impressive 72 times.

He attempted 53 passes, completing 45 – the most of any Arsenal player – with 22 of those successful passes coming in the opposition’s half.

In addition to this, he won 53.3 per cent of his duels – making three tackles during the game as well as recovering possession on four occasions.

PLAYING THE LON GAME

Chelsea has reportedly entered the race for Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon.

Everton and Sevilla are also said to be keen on the Spaniard, 23 after he impressed on loan in Andalusia.

Reports emerged over the weekend that the Toffees want Reguilon to replace Leighton Baines, who retired at the end of the season.

An £18million bid is said to have been launched by Everton and Sky Sports believe Chelsea will soon put forward a higher offer.

Also in the mix are Sevilla, after Reguilon made 31 appearances for the LaLiga side in 2019/20 – notching the second-highest number of key passes from open play of any defender in the division.

Reguilon was also named in WhoScored’s LaLiga team of the season, as well as the XI of Spanish football expert Nando Vila.

CHIL OUT

Chelsea will reportedly have to pay a world-record fee for a defender to sign Ben Chilwell from Leicester.

The Blues have been linked with the Foxes left-back for months but they will have to cough up more than the £80million fee Manchester United paid for Harry Maguire last summer.

Leicester has publicly insisted the 23-year-old is not for sale and have privately rejected Chelsea’s offer to pay in installments.

But they would begrudgingly accept a bid if it eclipsed £80m, according to the Mirror.

The Foxes have reportedly told Chelsea they value Chilwell “even more highly” than their former centre-back Maguire.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Chelsea comes into their Champions League second leg decider against Bayern Munich with NINE players set to miss out.

Following a devastating 2-1 FA Cup final loss against London rivals Arsenal, Lampard has been hit with a host of injury problems.

Christian Pulisic and skipper Cesar Azpiliciueta limped off Wembley with hamstring injuries and Roma-bound Pedro suffered a dislocated shoulder.

N’Golo Kante was an unused sub in the final and Lampard is uncertain on whether he will be fit to face Bayern, who carries a 3-0 lead into the return tie.

Further midfield misery sees Ruben Loftus-Cheek facing a late fitness assessment after picking up a knock in training last week.

Billy Gilmour remains sidelined after undergoing knee surgery last month.

Marcos Alonso and Jorginho are both suspended while Willian – yet to agree on a contract extension – did not even make the bench against Arsenal.

BROTHER’S IN ARMS

Pedro has undergone successful surgery on his shoulder.

The Spaniard dislocated his shoulder at the end of Chelsea’s FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

It was the winger’s last game for the Blues with the player braced to join Roma next season.

Bayern Munich has handed Chelsea a huge boost in the race to sign Kai Havertz by confirming they will NOT bid for the star this summer.

Reports in Germany have previously suggested that the Bundesliga champions want to wait until 2021 to snap up the attacking midfielder.

Having completed the £40.9million transfer of Leroy Sane from Manchester City, another major investment is not on Die Roten’s radar.

Bayern chief Uli Hoeness told FAZ: “I am sure that, after Leroy Sane, there will be no major transfers this year.

“That has nothing to do with the quality of Havertz. We all think he is a very, very good player.

“But in the coronavirus period after a transfer of almost 50 million, one of 70, 80 million or more I can’t imagine making unless we secure counter-financing through player sales.”

WIL GO CHEAP

EXCLUSIVE: Crystal Palace is braced to lose star turn Wilfried Zaha for a cut-price £30million.

The forward, 27, wants a move and the club are ready to sell him for the second time.

But there have been no serious takers, despite the reported interest from Chelsea and Manchester United.

Zaha is Palace’s highest earner on around £130,000 a week and is under contract until 2023. Those two factors, plus the fact he will turn 28 in November, are putting off admirers.

Zaha was previously valued at around £70m but Palace chiefs are now resigned to reducing their expectations.

SERG AHEAD

Chelsea has reportedly entered the race for Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon.

Everton and Sevilla are also said to be keen on the Spaniard, 23 after he impressed on loan in Andalusia.

Reports emerged over the weekend that the Toffees want Reguilon to replace Leighton Baines, who retired at the end of the season.

An £18million bid is said to have been launched by Everton and Sky Sports believe Chelsea will soon put forward a higher offer.

Also in the mix are Sevilla, after Reguilon made 31 appearances for the LaLiga side in 2019/20 – notching the second-highest number of key passes from open play of any defender in the division.

Reguilon was also named in WhoScored’s LaLiga team of the season, as well as the XI of Spanish football expert Nando Vila.

BURNED THEIR BRIDGES

Chelsea is set to offload up to TEN stars this summer including N’Golo Kante, according to reports.

The Blues have already spent big on Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech and Frank Lampard look set to wave goodbye to some big names to balance the books.

Having had a season hampered by injury, the West Londoners are said to be happy to let well-paid Kante go.

The Frenchman is on a whopping £290,000-a-week.

Defenders Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Emerson Palmieri, and Marcos Alonso are also for sale, according to the Times.

Tiemoue Bakayoko and Ross Barkley are also available, and the Blues will also try to offload outcast Michy Batshuayi.

Willian looks set to join Arsenal who is reportedly willing to offer him the three-year deal he was refused at Stamford Bridge.

CRUNCH TIME

Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is set to holds showdown talks with Inter Milan chiefs on Tuesday – with his future to be decided after the Europa League campaign.

The Italian boss, 51, tore into club chiefs after steering his side to second place in Serie A in 2019-20.

Conte claimed his side weren’t given any recognition or protection in a “tough year“.

Rumors in Italy later claimed he had inquired as to the future of Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri – which Conte strongly denied.

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano confirmed Conte would hold showdown talks with club chiefs, with his future at the club on the line.

KANTE BELIEVE IT

N’Golo Kante could be one of six defensive players on Frank Lampard’s transfer list.

Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Emerson Palmieri, Marcos Alonso, and Kepa Arrizabalaga are all up for grabs.

But the Guardian write how Kante could also be available at the right price – with Declan Rice and Atletico’s Jose Gimenez lined up as replacements.

This is the latest Chelsea Football Transfer News For Today Wednesday 5th August. For More Chelsea news, click Here.

Justice Winner
Journalist, Digital Media Strategist, and Football Enthusiast
1,655,546FansLike
68,466FollowersFollow
984,000FollowersFollow

POPULAR

LATEST