- Chelsea and Gonzalo Higuain have parted ways along with four others.
- Higuain to reunite with Sarri in Turin.
The Blues have confirmed the departure of Gonzalo Higuain with the club, though the 18/19 Europa League winners had the options of either extending his loan for €18 million (£16m/$20m) or sign him on a permanent deal worth €36m from Juventus.
Following the 31-year-old out the exit door include Eduardo, Kyle Scott, captain Garry Cahill and Rob Green who is retiring from football.
The club wrote on their official website:
“Gonzalo Higuain joined Chelsea on loan from Juventus in January. He was reunited with Maurizio Sarri after their successful time together at Napoli.
“Higuain made his Blues bow in an FA Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday and opened his account with two superbly-taken goals the following weekend against struggling Huddersfield.
The 31-year-old was reunited with former manager Maurizio Sarri at the Bridge with the prospect of reenacting their magical time at the Naples. At Napoli, the striker hit 36 league goals in the 15/16 Serie A, the most goals scored in a single campaign to win the Capocannoniere (highest goal scorer).
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea can still challenge other big teams even with the loss of Hazard.
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
Higuain joined Chelsea during the second half of 2018-19 season, part of Chelsea’s attempt to bolster their attacking prowess but the Argentine was not the solution, he managed only five goals in his 14 Premier League appearances.
However, with Maurizio Sarri’s departure to Juventus, the Blues decision not to extend his contract and his brother also Agent saying Higuain will not play for any other club except Juventus means the striker will be teaming up with Sarri once again in Italy.
Savechelsea.net also report the permanent signing of Real Madrid Loanee by Chelsea.
Chelsea and Real Madrid have agreed £40.3 million ($51m/€45m) transfer fee for the permanent signing of Mateo Kovacic though the FIFA transfer ban is in place. Want to know why that is possible, read more…