According to reports, Ruben Loftus-Cheek is seeking clarification from Maurizio Sarri about his role at Chelsea this season.
The 22-year-old England international had an impressive stint at Crystal Palace on loan from Chelsea last season. This earned him a place in England’s Russia 2018 World Cup.
Therefore, the player will be looking to improve, and this will only be possible if he gets regular playing time this season. It’s a proposition that presently seems unlikely at Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
Loftus-Cheek made a cameo appearance against Huddersfield Town but wasn’t used in the cracking fixture against Arsenal. Kovacic was brought on instead.
Reports from the Sun suggest that showdown talks are possible before the transfer window closes in Europe. However, the best move might be for the player to make a temporary move.
The likes of Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic suit Sarri’s style of play, and these arrivals have apparently pushed Loftus-Cheek down the pecking order at Chelsea.
It remains to be seen how the potential showdown talks between the two parties end up, although it’s very possible that the player might seek a move elsewhere to get regular playing time.