According to reports, Ruben Loftus-Cheek is seeking clarification from Maurizio Sarri about his role at Chelsea this season.
The 22-year-old England international had an impressive stint at Crystal Palace on loan from Chelsea last season. This earned him a place in England’s Russia 2018 World Cup.
Therefore, the player will be looking to improve, and this will only be possible if he gets regular playing time this season. It’s a proposition that presently seems unlikely at Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
Loftus-Cheek made a cameo appearance against Huddersfield Town but wasn’t used in the cracking fixture against Arsenal. Kovacic was brought on instead.
Reports from the Sun suggest that showdown talks are possible before the transfer window closes in Europe. However, the best move might be for the player to make a temporary move.
The likes of Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic suit Sarri’s style of play, and these arrivals have apparently pushed Loftus-Cheek down the pecking order at Chelsea.
It remains to be seen how the potential showdown talks between the two parties end up, although it’s very possible that the player might seek a move elsewhere to get regular playing time.