David Luiz has revealed that it is likely he would have left Chelsea if Antonio Conte remained as Chelsea manager.
He made just 3 Premier League appearances last term. However, he has started all 3 Premier League games under Sarri in this campaign.
He admitted that he would have left the club if Conte remained but is now convinced that his future lies at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
“If the manager had stayed the same, of course, everybody knows maybe I had to move clubs. Now I am here and so happy,” Luiz told Sky Sports.
“I think I always have to feel fresh start because I am getting old! It is amazing to play football, of course last season was not the best for me inside the pitch, but also I learned a lot outside the pitch as a person, as a man. It is always great to be on the pitch.
“I learned a lot, sometimes you have to be patient, sometimes you have to take care of your body, sometimes you have to learn from outside to be good in the future. So for me it was great.
“I got time to take care of my body; many times I was on the pitch in pain, and I never refused to play one game. It was good to rest and be fresh.
Luiz has made over 200 appearances in two spells at Chelsea and stated that his hunger to win trophies hasn’t changed with Sarri’s attacking style of football.
“The ambition has to be to win every single match, every single competition,” he added.
“This is Chelsea we can’t think in a different way but we also have to have humility to understand we’re at the beginning of a new philosophy, so we start day-by-day every single week.