- Marcos Alonso signs a new contract with Chelsea.
- The Spaniard is to earn more in this new deal.
- Alonso had been heavily linked with a possible move Juve or Madrid.
Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2023.
It’s official, as the deal has been announced on the club’s official website.
The new deal will also see him earn more in terms of his weekly wages at the club.
The Spanish international was the subject of interest from many European heavyweights as he was linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus in the course of the summer transfer window.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
Alonso joined Chelsea from Fiorentina under Antonio Conte in a deal worth £24 million, and he was deployed as a left wingback under the Italian.
The player has gone on to establish himself at the club since then and is now a household name in Europe, whilst receiving a call-up to represent Spain.
The player had initially revealed that he was set to sign a new contract at the club last week. Therefore, it comes as no major surprise.
With his contract renewal now out of the way, the Blues will now turn their full attention to the likes of Eden Hazard and Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Earlier, savechelsea.net had reported that Marcos Alonso was in talk with the Football Club over an extension of his contract.
Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso has revealed that he’s currently in talks with the club over the extension of his contract. He added that a new deal that commits him to the club could be signed as soon as this week.
This seems to be a great deal. What’s your take on this.
Kindly comment in the box below