- Alvaro Morata is not returning to Juventus anytime soon.
- Juventus has enough attackers with international experience.
Juventus general manager Guiseppe Marotta has dismissed rumors that Morata could return as he insists that the Old Ladies already have a very great attack of international caliber.
Morata was pictured chatting with his agent and Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici yesterday, thereby fuelling speculations that he could be gearing towards a return to Turin.
Marotta told newsmen at the launch of a new book about Juventus.
“Now we are in the most important phase of the transfer market, so as always, every day, they link Juventus with many players,”
“That also applies to the Morata affair which is on the agenda today. The fact is that the most important players of this Agnelli cycle who have gone away all carry with them a great memory of Juventus, and almost all of them want to savour the Juventus climate.”
“Beyond that though these are simply rumours. I want to deny them, we don’t want to deceive anyone.”
“We already have a great attack of international calibre, so it’s an area where we don’t have to make any bets. Therefore, at this point, any operation seems totally utopian”.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Chelsea Target Havertz Wants To Take The ‘Next Step’ In His Career
When asked if the situation could change if Mario Mandzukic leaves, he responded:
“No. The principle for Juventus is always that if a player asks to leave then, of course, we’ll try to satisfy him, at the point when motivation has dropped or there are other considerations.
“At the moment no-one is in that position, so I have to say that Mario Mandzukic will be a Juventus player next year too.”
“Gonzalo Higuain? No, no player is for sale. Higuain is in his second season season with us, he did very well and we’re very happy with him.”
“If we were to receive offers we wouldn’t consider them.”
“That applies even more so to Douglas Costa, because among other things you know he was on loan this past season.”
“We have an option to sign him outright. He’s a Bayern player today, but we’ll definitely sign him outright between now and June 30, so he’ll definitely stay with us next season.”
However, it was previously reported that Chelsea made a player plus cash offer for Juventus duo Gonzalo Higuain and Daniele Rugani with the player in question being Alvaro Morata.
Do you think Morata is heading back to Juventus? drop your comments below.
Also, click here to read more on Alvaro Morata…