Belgium coach Roberto Martinez has insisted that this is the best time for star man Eden Hazard to leave Chelsea and begin another adventure elsewhere.
Hazard was instrumental as Belgium captain in Russia 2018 where he scored three goals and provided two assists en route the side’s unprecedented third-place finish in the tournament.
The Belgian has already hinted after the win over England that this could be the perfect time to move and Roberto Martinez has now expressed his opinion that the Chelsea playmaker has the quality to play for the best sides in world football.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Eden Hazard to Real Madrid deal done for £88.5m
- Former Chelsea star J.Cole placed hazard on Messi’s level- ‘He shared Messi’s football beauty.
- Barkley urges Hazard to remain at Chelsea
- Gullit – Chelsea must prove that they can keep Hazard
- Sarri hints on Hazard stay at Chelsea
- Madrid rule out move for Hazard?
- Fabregas – Our best player Hazard has to stay
- Martinez – Best time for Hazard to leave Chelsea
- Chelsea poised to reject Barca/Madrid offers for Hazard
- Madrid reportedly preparing £150m offer for Hazard
“It could be the best time [for Hazard] to try something different,” Martinez told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.
“He is a player who has maturity and a lot of leadership. His play is based on talent.
“Hazard could carry a new project anywhere in the world. He is at the best moment of his career. He could fit in any team in the world.
“Players need new challenges and new projects. Perhaps it’s a good time for [Chelsea] and for Eden [to split].
“I would be very surprised if Chelsea didn’t have big offers for him right now.”