- Mount has always stood out as a fantastic talent.
- This is a proud moment for me to play for the Club I signed since I was Six.
The England international played a vital part in the Rams featuring in the Championship play-off final last season. He also scored our opener in a 4-0 win over Irish side St Patrick’s Athletic during the weekend.
He will be part of the squad who will make the trip to Japan for Chelsea‘s Preseason tour in Asia, where we face Kawasaki Frontale and Barcelona.
The England Under-21 Mount has committed his future to Chelsea after he signed a five-year deal to remain at the Bridge until 2024.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
- “Don’t Leave”; Fans Begs Chelsea star To Stay After Breaking 30-Year Award Record
- On Loan Chelsea Defender, Kurt Zouma Wants Everton Move Permanent
- Top German Club ready to move for Chelsea pair Abraham and Mount
- Mount and Tomori to face Chelsea in Carabao Cup
- Mount and Tomori won’t play for Derby against Chelsea
On signing his new deal, 20-year-old Mount said:
‘It’s a massively proud moment for myself and my family. I joined this club at six years old and it was always my goal to play for the first team one day. I’m really looking forward to the coming season now and working hard to have an impact here at Chelsea. I’ve been at the club for a long time already and hopefully, I’ll stay for a long time to come.’
Marina Granovskaia, Chelsea director added:
‘Mason has come right the way through the Chelsea Academy and has always stood out as a fantastic talent and dedicated individual. We have monitored his development extremely closely while he has been out on loan and believe he is now ready to be a member of our squad competing at the top of the Premier League.
‘Like another of our Academy graduates, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, we are delighted Mason has committed himself to the club this summer and look forward to an exciting future ahead.’
In July 2018, he moved on loan to Championship side Derby County, managed by Lampard and his former youth team boss Jody Morris, he made a total of 44 appearances across all competitions for Derby, scoring 11 goals.
The 20-year-old impressive display for the Rams earned him his first call-up to represent England First team in October 2018 during the Nations League fixtures against Croatia and Spain.
Savechelsea.net also report Chelsea set to announce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension.
The Blues are set to announce Ruben Loftus-Cheek contract extension, the new contract will see the 23-year-old midfielder earn £150k Per Week.