- Kovacic is keen to stay at Chelsea.
- Madrid demands £45million for croatian midfielder.
The Spanish Outlet AS reported that Kovacic has given Chelsea a Boost to sign him permanently despite the departure of Sarri.
Maurizio Sarri signed Kovacic from Real Madrid on loan last summer but has now departed Chelsea to Juventus.
Kovacic is not disturbed by this development and has let his representatives know that he wants to remain at Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- What Everton boss Marco Silva has told top brass about Kurt Zouma deal
- Frank Lampard to be announced as Chelsea manager ‘before the end of the week
- Harry Redknapp gives verdict on Lampard becoming new Chelsea boss
- Barcelona £35m bid for Willian rejected.
- Chelsea reluctant to sell Kourt Zouma to Everton
However, the impending two-window transfer ban doesn’t stop Chelsea from signing Kovacic on a permanent deal if they want to, as he is an already registered player at the club.
Real Madrid demands around £45million for Kovacic, but Chelsea is holding out on the deal.
The 24-year-old made 51 appearances for Chelsea under Sarri, he scored zero goals and made only one assist.
Chelsea is still yet to announce a new manager, although Frank Lampard should be announced soon once he exits his current club, Derby.
Kovacic also sees Inter Milan is former club as an alternative if Chelsea fails to sign him permanently but the Serie A club has other interest this summer.
Kovacic is also interested in a return to his former club, Inter, but the Italian side has other priorities this summer.
Atalanta is working to secure a permanent deal for on-loan Chelsea midfielder, Mario Pasalic.
The Italian side is willing to make the Pasalic loan move a permanent one as he remains a member of their team.
Atalanta is currently on the 4th position in the Serie A league table and they look set to secure a place in the UEFA Champions League for next season, ahead of the likes of Lazio, AC Milan, and Roma.