- Kylian Mbappe puts in a good word for N’Golo Kante as PSG seek to add more sting to their attack formation.
- Unai Emery ruminating over the thoughts of leaving PSG soon.
PSG forward Kylian Mbappe has told beIN Sports that Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante would be a perfect fit for Paris Sait-Germain. PSG are also on the lookout for a new manager after Unai Emery announced that he would be stepping down.
PSG are desperate to make a significant mark in the Champions League after Real Madrid knocked them out of the competition with relative ease, against what was expected from the encounter.
According to Mbapppe, Kante is one of the key men that would enable the team challenge for the major honors as he would be a massive recruitment going by his exploits in the Premier League.
When asked which player he would like to see join PSG, Mbappe replied;
“Kante, in terms of our needs and also the quality of the player,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
“I think he’s a player who’d suit our team perfectly. He’s French, and bringing a Frenchman back would be good as far as the attractiveness of our league is concerned. I think all the French love N’Golo Kante, and it would be a pleasure to see him again in our league.”
Kante played for just one season in the French Ligue 1 with Caen in the 2014-15 season having helped them secure promotion from Ligue 2, before being snapped up by Leicester City. His move to Leicester City saw him contribute massively to the Foxes’ shock Premier League triumph after which Chelsea signed him.
Kante moved to Chelsea the following season and won the Premier League with the Blues, establishing him as the first player to win the PL title consecutively with two different clubs. He emerged as the PFA Player of the year in the same season.
However, this season has been a tough one for Chelsea as they might miss out on the UEFA Champions League next season going by recent results in the Premier League. PSG might look to pounce if this materializes, though it’s left to be seen if Chelsea will yield and sell off their star man in midfield.
Also catch up on our story on N’golo Kante as he confirms that PSG has made contact with him.
French mid-fielder and Chelsea’s star, N’golo Kante has confirmed that PSG has opened up discussions with him regarding a move to PSG. Click the link above to follow up on the story.
What’s your take on this, do you think Kante would be willing to leave Stamford Bridge to play at home with PSG. Kindly post your thoughts in the comment box below.