Chelsea are close to finalising an agreement to sign goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes.
Recall that Chelsea’s technical director, Petr Cech, is understood to be behind the club’s push to sign Mendy.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
According to The Guardian, Chelsea have entered negotiations with Rennes and are now close to finalising an £18.2 million deal for the Senegalese shot-stopper.
The newspaper report that the transfer could eventually increase to £25million after add-ons are included in the deal.
Mendy, 28, has spent the past two seasons at Rennes, where he has established himself as their first-choice keeper thanks to his excellent performances.
He started his career at Cherbourg and Stade de Reims before he moved to Rennes in 2018