Chelsea could be set to miss out on another highly speculated target as AC Milan have stepped up their pursuit of Juventus striker and Argentina international Gonzalo Higuain by holding talks with his agent.
Reports in Italy suggest that Milan are making attempts to sign the forward who’d be available on a loan deal worth £15 million.
Chelsea have been linked with a move for Higuain as Morata’s future at the club appears to be uncertain.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
Sarri is believed to be a big fan of Higuain having worked with him at Napoli before he moved to Juventus.
Sky Sport Italia claim that his representative has held talks with Milan general manager Leonardo about a switch which would include a £32 million option to buy next summer.
Higuain scored 16 goals in 35 Serie A appearances for Juventus last term, his lowest tally since moving to the Serie A from Real Madrid in 2013.