Alvaro Morata has revealed that he never had any intention of leaving Stamford Bridge this summer, contrary to reports.
The 25-year-old Spain international has committed his future to the club, regardless of the numerous speculations of an exit that has surrounded him thus far.
Morata joined Chelsea from Real Madrid last summer in a club record deal. The forward got off firing, but his consistency waned towards the second half of the season.
The player was linked with a return to the Serie A this summer, but he has insisted that he never thought of leaving England this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner Sends Strong Signal To Liverpool, Man City
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- EFL Cup injury news as Chelsea host Bournemouth
- Bad news for strikers as false 9 favors Chelsea
- Jordi Alba – Morata would be welcome at Barca
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
“On the first day of pre-season I spoke to [Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia] and with the manager and I said: ‘I want to stay at Chelsea,’” he told The Daily Mirror.
“They told me: ‘We have a lot of confidence in you and we want you to stay too.’ So everything was perfect.
“All the people said I wanted to leave, that I was not happy in London but its not true. Now I have taken another house, a bigger one, near to Cobham.
“My wife is very happy. When everyone is talking about the possibility to leave I am here looking for a house. So the story is finished and I can’t wait for Sunday’s game.”
Morata has now taken on the No.29 jersey ahead of the new season to mark the birth of his twins. However, he added that the Premier League title win is the major priority.
“For me I prefer to score 10 goals and take the trophy. I want to win the Golden Boot but in England in the last year the Golden Boot winner didn’t take any trophies,” he said.