- Alvaro Morata is having a bad start at Chelsea so far.
- Morata had only scored 11 times all season and plays as a supporting striker to Giroud.
- Morata missed Spain’s 2018 world cup lineup.
Real Madrid legend Michel has claimed that Alvaro Morata is paying the price for leaving the Los Blancos. The Spain international became Chelsea’s transfer record breaker after the club shelled out £53 million to secure his signature last summer, although he has struggled to live up to the billing that was expected by the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Morata found the back of the net just 11 times all season and as forced to play second fiddle to Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman arrived from Arsenal in the January transfer window. He was also used sparingly in the final of the FA Cup against Manchester United.
The major blow came when he was not included Spain’s squad to play in Russia 2018, a situation which Michel, a six-time champion with Real Madrid has attributed to his departure from Real Madrid last summer.
he told Marca.
“I don’t know why he left, if it was because he wanted to play more, if it was because he wanted a better contract and because he wanted to play in the English league,”
“At the end of the day he is in a similar situation as to when he was at Real Madrid, he will know personally why he took the decision.”
“I’m one of those who think that if you’re at Real Madrid the best thing is to not leave but I don’t know what his thinking is.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
“He’s playing less at Chelsea, Giroud is playing more.”
“The most informed one on this is the coach and he knows exactly why he took one decision of another. He’s a good player but any of them are too.”
However, in a recent article, Chelsea’s newly signed star, Morata has committed his future to the club even after recent poor scoring form in Stamford bridge.
What do you think about him, would he live up to expectations in Chelsea? Drop your comments below.
Also, Click here to read more on Alvaro Morata…