- Morata too expensive for Borussia Dortmund confirmed by sporting director Michae Zorc.
- The position of a true center-forward is currently the most difficult to fill in European football.
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michae Zorc, has ruled out any move for Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, insisting that the Spaniard is too expensive as they continue in their search for a replacement for Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang.
Aubameyang joined Arsenal in January from Dortmund and the Signal Iduna Park outfit need a replacement for the Gabonese striker. Morata endured a tough first season at Chelsea with just 15 goals in 48 games.
According to Zorc, it will be very difficult for Dortmund to sign the Spaniard from Chelsea after he cost an initial £58 million last summer.
“I would say that Morata is too expensive – without knowing exact sums,” he told Bild.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
- Kenedy returns to Chelsea after failing to win over Newcastle
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Emerson Palmieri prefers Chelsea stay over Inter move
- BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri charged by FA (See Why)
- Inter Milan to make move for Chelsea defender, Emerson
- I WANT TO STAY AT CHELSEA – ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN
- I told Drinkwater In August That He Wasn’t Needed In My Team – Sarri
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
He also admitted that the club would have rather kept the Gabonese than search for his replacement.
“Of course, we have candidates in mind”
He confirmed, when asked about replacing the Gabonese international. He further explained his thoughts on Aubameyang.
“But the position of a true center-forward is currently the most difficult to fill in European football. That’s why we’ve resisted selling Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for a very long time because he guaranteed us goals”.
“At the moment I have the impression that the transfer market – not only in the case of strikers – is a bit out of touch with the realities.”
“Very high prices are called. We have to act with caution and not do crazy things. Especially as we have players in our squad who also have this position in their portfolio”.
Also follow our story on Danny Drinkwater, who had a little too much to drink and got arrested. Click on the link for the full story.
Danny Drinkwater, got arrested for drunk driving after crashing his Range Rover into another car. It happened on his way back from a party in the wee hours of the morning.
Was it the right decision by the Borussia Dortmund management to let go of Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang. What do you think? Feel free to comment below.