Chelsea star Victor Moses is eager to start his World Cup campaign with the Super Eagles of Nigeria on a high and has warned his teammates that they cannot afford to lose their opening game against Croatia on Saturday, as the game might prove to be a defining one for them in the competition.
Moses started all three friendlies prior to the trip to Russia which Nigeria lost, and the winger cum wingback is determined not to experience such a result when the competition kicks off for them against the Belkans.
”This game is very important to us because it is very important to start winning, good result,” Moses said in a chat with Croatian media Sportske Novosti.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Chelsea Star, Ashley Cole Deliver Verdict On Malang Sarr Transfer
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
”You have a particularly strong line and attack, the most important for us to be concentrated, then we can beat Croatia.
”The most important thing is to not lose this first game because they are sometimes the most important to qualify from the group. Croatia can beat anyone, but Nigeria can beat Croatia. We’ll have to make it as a team.”
Nigeria have not won their last three opening games at the World Cup, losing 1 nil to Argentina in 2002 and 2010 respectively, before playing out a goalless draw with Iran in Brazil 2014.