Chelsea star Victor Moses is eager to start his World Cup campaign with the Super Eagles of Nigeria on a high and has warned his teammates that they cannot afford to lose their opening game against Croatia on Saturday, as the game might prove to be a defining one for them in the competition.
Moses started all three friendlies prior to the trip to Russia which Nigeria lost, and the winger cum wingback is determined not to experience such a result when the competition kicks off for them against the Belkans.
”This game is very important to us because it is very important to start winning, good result,” Moses said in a chat with Croatian media Sportske Novosti.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
”You have a particularly strong line and attack, the most important for us to be concentrated, then we can beat Croatia.
”The most important thing is to not lose this first game because they are sometimes the most important to qualify from the group. Croatia can beat anyone, but Nigeria can beat Croatia. We’ll have to make it as a team.”
Nigeria have not won their last three opening games at the World Cup, losing 1 nil to Argentina in 2002 and 2010 respectively, before playing out a goalless draw with Iran in Brazil 2014.