Chelsea star Victor Moses is eager to start his World Cup campaign with the Super Eagles of Nigeria on a high and has warned his teammates that they cannot afford to lose their opening game against Croatia on Saturday, as the game might prove to be a defining one for them in the competition.
Moses started all three friendlies prior to the trip to Russia which Nigeria lost, and the winger cum wingback is determined not to experience such a result when the competition kicks off for them against the Belkans.
”This game is very important to us because it is very important to start winning, good result,” Moses said in a chat with Croatian media Sportske Novosti.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
”You have a particularly strong line and attack, the most important for us to be concentrated, then we can beat Croatia.
”The most important thing is to not lose this first game because they are sometimes the most important to qualify from the group. Croatia can beat anyone, but Nigeria can beat Croatia. We’ll have to make it as a team.”
Nigeria have not won their last three opening games at the World Cup, losing 1 nil to Argentina in 2002 and 2010 respectively, before playing out a goalless draw with Iran in Brazil 2014.