- Chelsea on loan duo, to battle against the Blues in the next round of the Carabao Cup.
- Both players doing very well for their loan Club, Derby County.
Chelsea duo of Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount presently on loan to Derby County will play for their club against the Blues in the next round of the Carabao Cup.
The duo are on a season-long loan to Frank Lampard’s Derby County in the Championship and have been impressive thus far.
The duo have been key to Derby’s successes this term and played key roles when Derby County eliminated Man United from the last round of the Carabao Cup at Old Trafford.
They will now feature for Derby County against their parent club. This is in contrast to Premier League rules which prohibit loan players from playing against their parent clubs.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea granted permission to begin talks with Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Lampard’s link as Chelsea manager is derided and ridiculous
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- Chelsea launch Lampard talk as Sarri edges closer to Juventus
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
However, the EFL permits this although it is ultimately down to a written consent from the parent club.
It was reported that Chelsea had initially kicked against the idea of their loan players facing them but on Monday granted approval to the request.
The club released a statement which confirmed the development:
“Mount and Tomori have been regulars for the Rams under Frank Lampard this season, and, after beating Manchester United at Old Trafford in the previous round, we believe the experience of facing top-level opposition once more will be of benefit to their on-going development at Derby,”
Also catch up on our report on Wilson who says Derby County will be able to beat Chelsea
Harry Wilson has warned Chelsea that Derby boss and Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is keen to cause an upset when both sides meet in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday. Click the link to read this story.
What’s your take on this, will Frank Lampard shock his former Club?
Kindly comment in the box below.