Jose Mourinho might be no fan of Chelsea second choice goalkeeper and Argentina international Willy Caballero and has seemingly aimed a sly dig at the Argentine for conceding against Iceland.
Argentina got the lead in the game through a superb finish by Man City striker Sergio Aguero, but lost the lead four minutes later as the Argentina defence failed to deal with a ball in the box, not once but twice, and all Caballero could do was to palm the ball away to the feet of Iceland striker Alfred Finnbogasson who slotted into the net for the equalizer.
Iceland didn’t do much in terms of attacking, largely due to the quality of the opposition and Mourinho appeared impressed with the nordic side. However, the Portuguese insisted that he would have done just as well as Willy Caballero in goal during the game.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea can still challenge other big teams even with the loss of Hazard.
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea 39-year-old Goalkeeper announces reitrement.
- Former Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte Set to TakeOver Italian Giants
- Blues target not close to a new deal at United
- Kepa keeps proving his worth under Sarri
- Neville – Chelsea should sack Ianni
- Blues escape with vital lesson
Mourinho said: “One chance, one goal, Caballero in goal or myself would be the same because I would save the same as Caballero, there was not one single dangerous situation.”