- Phil Neville calls for the sack of Chelsea’s assistant coach, Marco Ianni.
- This comes after the provocative celebration by the tactician in front of Mourinho.
- The former Man United player has called for further action by Chelsea’s management.
Phil Neville has asked Chelsea to relieve Marco Ianni of his duties at Stamford Bridge for sparking a row in the course of the Premier League game against Man United.
It can be recalled that Man United boss Jose Mourinho was infuriated by Icanni’s provocative celebrations which resulted in a melee near the tunnel.
Meanwhile, Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri apologized to Mourinho over the incident insisting that the matter was closed.
However, the former Man United and Everton player now turned pundit has opined that Chelsea should consider taking further action.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
“Whoever that staff member is of Chelsea has just been an absolute disgrace. No class, no humility.
Jamie Redknapp who was close to Mourinho before the incident explained further.
“He’s gone straight into the face of Jose Mourinho, Michael Carrick and the Manchester United bench and just celebrated in their face. Absolutely disgraceful.”
“He’s [Mourinho] the innocent one in all this. The guy on the Chelsea bench has run straight past him, celebrated in his face.”
Alan Pardew also described Ianni’s reaction as ridiculous and said he understands why Mourinho reacted in that manner.
“Sarri celebrates. Then it’s this guy here who goes in front of Jose Mourinho. The first one he clenches his fist, and then as he goes back he celebrates again right in front of him. Disgraceful.”
“If I was Maurizio Sarri I’d send that guy in and sack him from the club.”
SaveChelsea.net had earlier reported that FA was still waiting on the referee’s report of the provocation at Stamford Bridge to decide Ianni’s fate in the EPL.
Reports reaching us suggest that the English FA is waiting for the referee’s report to decide whether to take further action over the bust-up at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea grabbed a last-gasp equalizer against Man United. Click the link to catch up on this story.
Should this act by Marco Ianni be escalated or forgiven?
Please leave a comment in the box below.