- Pat Nevin has thinks Willian could end up at Manchester United come next season
- The Brazilian appears to have rift with manager Antonio Conte
Pat Nevin has expressed the belief that Willian could end up at Manchester United next season.
The Brazilian appears to have fallen out with manager Antonio Conte recently after being used sparingly towards the end of the season.
Willian struggled to hold down a regular spot in Conte’s team since the Italian’s arrival at Chelsea. The Brazilian was a key player during Jose Mourinho’s time at Chelsea as he played a vital role in winning the Premier League and League Cup.
Regardless, Willian has always been linked with a move to Old Trafford since the appointment of Jose Mourinho. Willian’s supposed falling out with Conte became pronounced after the player obscured the manager from his Instagram photo in which Chelsea celebrated the FA Cup triumph.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Nevin reflects on Hazard move to Madrid
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
Former Blues winger, Pat Nevin has admitted that Willian’s proposed move to Old Trafford is very much possible.
“I can see Willian as a Man United player under Mourinho,” Nevin told Irish radio station Newstalk.
“Although he is a tricky player, he can be direct and do the right things. If there is a rift and Antonio Conte stays, that’s the obvious place for him to go.”
Willian has won two Premier League titles with Chelsea, the FA Cup and the League Cup in his five seasons at Stamford Bridge.