Chelsea has reportedly expressed interest in signing Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico.
SaveChelsea understands that Tagliafico has been capped 25 times by Argentina and could become the second Ajax player to make the move to Stamford Bridge ahead of the new season following the arrival of Hakim Ziyech.
Tagliafico, 27-year-old, who scored five goals and supplied five assists in 38 matches for Ajax during the previous season, is currently under contract until the summer of 2022.
Recall that Tagliafico signed for Ajax in 2018 from Independiente in his homeland, could be viewed by Chelsea as an alternative to their primary left-back target, England international Ben Chilwell.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- LATEST CHELSEA FOOTBALL TRANSFER NEWS FOR TODAY SATURDAY 15TH AUGUST
Chelsea has so far failed to reach a deal with Leicester for Chilwell and the two clubs are poles apart on valuation, although the Foxes are believed to have softened their original demands for an £80m transfer fee.
Chelsea are also monitoring the availability of Real Madrid’s Sergio Reguilon, who was voted as the best left-back in La Liga last season, while on loan at Sevilla
The summer transfer window will run for 10 weeks from July 27 and close at 11 pm on October 5.
A domestic-only window for trades between the Premier League and EFL then runs from October 5 and closes on Friday, October 16 at 5pm.