Mateo Kovacic has officially joined Chelsea from Real Madrid on a season-long loan.
The 24-year-old Croatia international joins the Blues having garnered experience from playing in the Serie A and the La Liga.
Kovacic played his part for Croatia in the Russia 2018 World Cup as he played five games in the course of the competition.
The midfielder was keen to get more playing time and demanded an exit from the Santiago Bernabeu this summer. He has finally gotten his wish with the loan move to Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Why Hazard Is Thrilled With Zidane’s Return To Real Madrid
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Real Madrid Loanee Wants Chelsea Stay Despite Zidane Return
- Kovacic is a possible doubt for Spurs game
- Three things learnt from Chelsea’s thrashing of Burnley
- Kovacic – Hazard, one of the best 3 players in the world
- Kovacic reveals why he joined Chelsea
Upon his arrival, Kovacic said: ‘I am really happy and excited to be here at Chelsea. It is an amazing feeling. I will try to do my best for this club. It is a new league for me, the beginning is always tough but I am sure the coach and my new team-mates will help me and I am looking forward to a great season.’
Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are very happy to welcome Mateo to the Chelsea family. He is a perfect fit for us this season, his style is well suited to how Maurizio wants to play and we are sure he will prove to be a valuable asset for the club.’
The 24-year-old Croatian midfielder thrives in the central midfield position with his brilliant ball-playing abilities. He’s also versatile and can adapt in other midfield positions.
Kovacic becomes the latest addition to Chelsea’s midfield which could be a preferred trio of Jorginho-Kante-Kovacic under Maurizio Sarri.