The Premier League took a new turn this season in transfer dealings with regards to the duration of the summer transfer window.
The clubs in England can no longer sign players but they can see their players leave. This is also the case with Chelsea as youngster Ola Aina has joined Serie A club Torino on loan for the season.
The young Nigerian defender makes the loan move after previously spending last season on loan to Championship side Hull City.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
In his stay at Hull, he played 46 games, scoring 1 goal in the process. Ola Aina has also made 6 senior team appearances for Chelsea.
The move to Torino is obviously a move up in his career as he will get to play against the best clubs in Italy and still garner more valuable first team experience in a reputable league.
Ola Aina signed a new contract with Chelsea before making the loan move. The new contract will keep him at Stamford Bridge till 2021.
Meanwhile, there is the possibility that he could leave the club permanently as the loan deal includes an option to buy according to reports from Sky Italia.
Torino apparently have the option to sign the Nigeria international for €8 million.