The French international is faced with harsh criticism from pundits and fans for a quite a while now, but his former teammate and fellow countryman Olivier Giroud has come to his defence saying Koscielny has always been respectful to the club.
“You cannot make a judgement when you don’t have all the clues. I’m pretty sure we don’t know everything in this situation.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Pep Guardiola’s opinion on Hazard’s move to Real Madrid
- Key 2019/2020 fixtures for Chelsea
- Transfer ban is inevitable for Chelsea this summer
- Sarri still tempted by Juventus move despite Europa success
- Records for all goalscorer in thrilling UEL final
- It would surprise Jorginho if ice cool manager leaves.
- Alonso gives verdict on why Sarri has had it tough at chelsea
- Everton keen on permanent deal for Kurt Zouma, But Deal Rests On Chelsea’s Transfer ban
- Sousa driving Bordeaux move for Chelsea striker Giroud
“I hope both sides will find the best agreement. Lolo is a good friend of mine. I’ve known him now for 10, 11 years. We played together in the second division [in France, at Tours].
“He’s been playing for Arsenal for nine years; he’s been the skipper for so many years – very respectful, very professional, always the best example for the young players.
“The club gave him the opportunity to play at Arsenal, and it was a big, big opportunity for him to show his quality in the Premier League.
“I think he has always been grateful about that and respectful to the club. I don’t understand how we have got to this situation.
“I feel very sad for him because he’s a great person and the media wants to give a bad image of him.
“I’m not at the club, I don’t know what really happened – but one thing for sure is Lolo is very hurt by what’s happening and he’s an emotional person.”
The 33-year-old, affirm that he was given assurance by the club that he could leave the club for free during the summer transfer window that is now but Arsenal claims that they’d only release him for a fee of £9m.
Interested clubs like Borussia Dortmund, Rennes and Bordeaux are put off by the enormous transfer request of Arsenal.
Koscienly amassed 353 appearances for Arsenal since joining from a French Ligue 1 club Lorient for £10m in 2010.
Unai Emery, Arsenal manager spoke after his side thrashed Colorado Rapids, said:
“Now it’s a matter for him and the club.
“They need to speak and are speaking about his situation. I’m waiting on his conversation and decision.”
Savechelsea.net also reported that Giroud extends his contract at Chelsea.
Chelsea has triggered Olivier Giroud one year contract extension option, with the looming two years transfer ban and the club’s lack of interest to sign Higuain permanently, Giroud is set to be first choice Striker with Tammy Abraham as his back up.
The France international centre-forward joined Chelsea during 2018 January transfer window and since then he has made 62 appearances and scored 17 goals.