- On-loan Chelsea striker, Higuain wants to play for Chelsea in the 2019/2020 season
- The Argentine has already bagged 3 goals in 10 match appearances for Chelsea since his loan move in January
- Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri has admitted that Higuain needs time to improve so as to meet up with the pace of the English Premier League
Last week, Chelsea manager has said that Chelsea fans should exercise patience with the striker who needs “time to improve”.
“I want to do as well as I can so I can be here for next season,”
“I came here and I wanted to stay. It’s a good city, you live well and you can be relaxed but also enjoy yourself – so my intention is to stay here.”- Higuain said.
In February 2019, Gonzalo Higuain scored twice in their match against relegated Premier League side, Huddersfield, but has not scored since the Chelsea 2-1 win over Fulham in March.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Gareth Bale’s Return To Tottenham: What Chelsea Coach Thinks
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
The Blues still have the option to buy Higuain for £31.3m (36M Euros) or extend his loan deal till next year summer (June 2020) for 18m euros (£15.6m).
While assessing his start to life at Stamford Bridge, Higuain was quoted by saying;
“I’m happy here’. “It’s always nice to try a new league and it’s my first taste of the Premier League.
“Obviously it’s a period where I’m adapting but I’m hoping that, although I’ve only got a short time, I can finish well.
“The best thing we can do is qualify for the Champions League and hopefully win the Europa League too.”
SaveChelsea.net previously made a report on how Fabio Capello was optimistic on Higuain transfer to Chelsea.
The former England boss expressed confidence that The Blues would land Gonzalo Higuain to solve their goalscoring woes. The arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid proved to be the last straw that broke the camel’s back.