- Sarri deal is delayed because of Money, not his Past.
- Chelsea to pay release £7million clause to sign Italian Manager insists Napoli.
An Italian journalist has claimed that Chelsea is reluctant to pay the cash needed to get Sarri as the new manager of the club, Reports were rife on Friday that the Blues had cooled off interest in Sarri because of some controversial comments he made back in 2016.
Sarri was handed a two-game ban for hurling homophobic insults at then Inter Milan Manager Roberto Mancini, and according to reports, the action may have cost him a place at Chelsea.
However, Italian reporter, Tancredi Palmeri has insisted that it’s not the problem, and is adamant that the only hiccup holding the deal from coming through is money.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
“I’m seeing flying around that Chelsea would not pick Sarri because of past record of insults he said.
“I can tell you that, if Sarri won’t be picked, this would be just an excuse to justify the fact Chelsea didn’t/couldn’t get rid of the financial difficulties to get him.”
Sarri has a contract with Napoli until 2020 though he has been replaced by Carlo Ancelotti. If Chelsea wants Sarri, they must pay up the £7million release clause as insisted by Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
Savechelsea.net also report Sarri deals may be completed by Tuesday.
As Chelsea aim to sign Italian manager out of his current contract at Napoli there are indications that the deal is imminent with Sarri already informed that it will be resolved on Tuesday.
Also click to read more on Chelsea legend, Frank Lampard…