- Palmieri to stay at Chelsea after receiving a boost.
- Emerson Palmieri to become Chelsea’s first choice left back.
According to Palmieri‘s agent the star won’t be leaving Chelsea this summer.
Sarri gave Emerson a huge boost when he started him ahead of Marcus Alonso on Wednesday clash with Arsenal in the Europa final game at Baku.
Emerson set up Chelsea’s first goal for Olivier Giroud with a sublime header from the french man putting one past Chelsea’s former goal keeper Petr Cech.
But the young Brazil Italian man has been second choice to Marcus Alonso all through the season, which saw him linked to a move back to Italy during the winter transfer window.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
With his strong finish to the season, the fullback is set to stay and fight for a major role in the squad.
Leonardo Cornacini Emerson’s agent has confirmed the 24-year-old has a future with Chelsea after his good ending to the season.
“He still has years left on his contract,”
“He’s happy and the club are happy to keep him. We’re certain that his future is in London.”
Emerson paid a very well deserved tribute to his manager Mauricio Sarri after the Europa final triumph over Arsenal.
“I am very happy to have helped the team with the assist,” he told Sky Sports after the Baku victory.
“I am happy but more for the title. It was not an easy season. We changed the coach and we had highs and lows.
“At the beginning of the year, we had an objective to win the Europa League and go to the Champions League.
“We succeeded and I am happy, excited because four months ago I did not think of playing the finals.
“The national team? We have two-three days off and we should take advantage of them and then go back to work.
“A pity to lose Sarri? Given the results we had this season.
“It wasn’t easy, we were third in the league, in the League Cup final and we won the Europa League. What should I say?”
Savechelsea.net also reported Drogba’s with heavy hearts as Cech Arsenal’s career ends in tears.