- Palmieri to stay at Chelsea after receiving a boost.
- Emerson Palmieri to become Chelsea’s first choice left back.
According to Palmieri‘s agent the star won’t be leaving Chelsea this summer.
Sarri gave Emerson a huge boost when he started him ahead of Marcus Alonso on Wednesday clash with Arsenal in the Europa final game at Baku.
Emerson set up Chelsea’s first goal for Olivier Giroud with a sublime header from the french man putting one past Chelsea’s former goal keeper Petr Cech.
But the young Brazil Italian man has been second choice to Marcus Alonso all through the season, which saw him linked to a move back to Italy during the winter transfer window.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
With his strong finish to the season, the fullback is set to stay and fight for a major role in the squad.
Leonardo Cornacini Emerson’s agent has confirmed the 24-year-old has a future with Chelsea after his good ending to the season.
“He still has years left on his contract,”
“He’s happy and the club are happy to keep him. We’re certain that his future is in London.”
Emerson paid a very well deserved tribute to his manager Mauricio Sarri after the Europa final triumph over Arsenal.
“I am very happy to have helped the team with the assist,” he told Sky Sports after the Baku victory.
“I am happy but more for the title. It was not an easy season. We changed the coach and we had highs and lows.
“At the beginning of the year, we had an objective to win the Europa League and go to the Champions League.
“We succeeded and I am happy, excited because four months ago I did not think of playing the finals.
“The national team? We have two-three days off and we should take advantage of them and then go back to work.
“A pity to lose Sarri? Given the results we had this season.
“It wasn’t easy, we were third in the league, in the League Cup final and we won the Europa League. What should I say?”
Savechelsea.net also reported Drogba’s with heavy hearts as Cech Arsenal’s career ends in tears.