- Pedro Rodriguez extends his contract with the Blues by a year.
- The winger will be of service to the Blues till the summer of 2020.
- The Spaniard performance has been impressive at the Bridge so far.
Chelsea winger Pedro Rodriguez has signed a one-year contract extension with the club.
Pedro, 31, joined Chelsea from Barcelona in the summer of 2015 and is now contracted to the club till the summer of 2020.
Pedro had some few things to say after signing the contract extension. The Spaniard said:
“It is very good for me, I am really happy here in the club, with my team-mates, the supporters and the club in general.”
“It’s important for me to continue with Chelsea, I am comfortable here and want to win new titles and trophies. I want to help the team, score goals, and I repeat, I am really happy.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea set sights on new sporting director
- Official! Kovacic joins Chelsea on loan
- Pedro extends contract with Chelsea
- Sarri’s top targets in Chelsea’s slow transfer dealings
- Pedro – Sarri’s ideas will take time
- The Europa can hurt Chelsea’s 2018/19 ambitions
- Chelsea must resolve these 3 issues this summer
- Pedro happy with life at Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea still interested in Sarri
Meanwhile, Pedro has played 131 games for Chelsea and has scored 28 goals. The club director, Marina Granovskaia also expressed satisfaction with the extension.
“We are very happy to secure Pedro’s services for another year.
“Since becoming a Chelsea player he has regularly demonstrated his quality on the field and we look forward to seeing him continue to flourish under the guidance of Maurizio Sarri.”
Pedro’s history at Barcelona surely played a part in the new deal, as he gets to play under a manager that has a style similar to the philosophy of Barcelona.
A system he enjoyed success with while at the Camp Nou.
Did you miss our story on Pedro when he suffered a shoulder injury, click now to read!
Pedro accidentally collided with PAOK goalkeeper Alexandros Paschalakis few minutes before the end of the game and was taken off the pitch with assistance from Chelsea’s medical staff.
How has Pedro performed at the Bridge this seasons, let’s have your view on this, kindly comment in the box below.