Chelsea attacker Pedro Rodriguez has described Maurizio Sarri as a very good coach but admitted that he would need time to implement his ideas at Chelsea.
Sarri earned praise accross Europe for his thrilling style of play at Napoli for three conecutive years. He spoke about bringing fun to football at Stamford Bridge but warned that the approach would be a very big change for the players.
“It is early,” Pedro said. “It is good, these ideas, it will take time. It is the start of the preseason. Now we have this test against Perth, then Inter Milan and Arsenal [in the International Champions Cup].
“The coach is very motivating. A really good, honest coach. I knew of him and what he did at Napoli. I was not close with him but he is a very good coach with very good ideas.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner Sends Strong Signal To Liverpool, Man City
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Pep Guardiola Thoughts About Messi Amid Chelsea And Manchester City Transfer Links
“When he arrived he was very good with the players, speaking a lot and really, really hammering on the pitch his ideas. It is a very big change for the players.”
Sarri’s style of play earned praises from Man City boss Pep Guardiola, and they will both lead their teams out to square up to each other in the Community Shield at Wembley in August. Pedro added that both managers have a lot in common.
“They are similar,” he added. “Their intensity, mentality. It is good. It will be an open game for the duration and very good to watch.
“The most important thing is to try really hard and take the manager’s ideas in our mind very quickly. It is very important to do this, to test this. Maybe with these players, we can do these ideas.”