- Notable key Chelsea players absent in Greece as the Blues lock horns with PAOK Thessaloniki.
- Chelsea’s midfield wonder kid; Eden Hazard will also not feature in this game.
The Blues have traveled to Greece and will face PAOK Thessaloniki in the Europa League tonight.
New manager Maurizio Sarri is also yet to experience defeat at Chelsea and is expectant that the fine run continues in Europe.
Regardless, the Blues will be without some key players for tonight’s game as there will be many games to play in the coming weeks.
Eden Hazard is the biggest omission from the Chelsea squad as Sarri took just 21 players out of a possible 25 to Greece.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
It can be recalled that Sarri stated that the Belgian had asked to be rested for the game.
Croatia international Mateo Kovacic didn’t make the trip with the squad after picking a knock in the game against Cardiff City.
Brazilian defender David Luiz will play no part in the game too. Meanwhile, Emerson Palmieri is absent from the game due to a virus.
The likes of Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek make it into the squad for tonight’s game and will be hoping to get a run-in.
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Emerson hints at frustration from Europa exclusion.
Emerson, 24, who joined from Roma in January for £17 million is yet to play any competitive game under Maurizio Sarri and he appears to have revealed his disappointment after being left out of Chelsea’s Europa League win over PAOK. Click the link above to read more.
The Blues will definitely take all 3 points here. What do you think, could POAK stop us?
kindly post your comment in the box below.