- Eden Hazard dropped as Chelsea locks horn with Bate Borisov in Minsk.
- The Belgian is still nursing a back injury sustained during EPL encounter with United.
Maurizio Sarri is considering excluding Hazard from the squad when Chelsea play against Bate Borisov in the Europa League in Minsk.
The Belgian just recovered from a back injury and had to settle for a place on the substitutes bench when the Blues beat Crystal Palace 3:1 at Stamford Bridge on Sunday in the Premier League.
Hazard was not 100% fit for the game against Palace and could be left out of Europa League exertions this Thursday as Chelsea hold a commanding position in Group L.
Chelsea has a 100% record having won all 3 games played thus far in the competition. Therefore, the Belgian might be left out of the 2,300 mile trip to Belarus.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea Makes Major EPL Signings, Tops United
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
Hazard has played just 1 Europa League game thus far, and it was as a substitute against Videoton.
Chelsea has a crunch game against Everton in the Premier League in the weekend and Sarri might be tempted to rest his star man ahead of the game.
Predicted line up against Bate Borisov
(4-3-3) Arrizabalaga; Zappacosta, Cahill, Christensen, Palmieri; Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic; Pedro, Willian, Giroud
SaveChelsea.net also reported that