- Unbeaten Chelsea take on newly promoted Cardiff.
- Chelsea set to make history under new coach Maurizio Sarri.
Chelsea are being considered as title contenders under Maurizio Sarri going by how well they’ve performed in the Premier League thus far in the ongoing season.
The international break is over and the Blues will welcome Neil Warnock’s newly promoted Cardiff to Stamford Bridge this weekend.
Maurizio Sarri’s men will be eager to maintain their winning run and make it 5 from 5 but must overcome Cardiff to do so.
The Blues are overwhelming favorites for all three points but will have to dig deep as Cardiff will definitely look to soak up the pressure and hit on the counter.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
Cardiff are yet to garner maximum points in 4 games played and have acquired just 2 points out of a possible 12.
All Chelsea players have returned from the international break but Cesc Fabregas and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are doubts for the game.
Regardless, Maurizio Sarri will have to assess their fitness levels and determine if they’ll be fit to play any part for Chelsea in the game.
Chelsea also have no suspension worries ahead of the game, as all players will be available for selection.
Maurizio Sarri might stick with the 11 that started against Bournemouth before the international break.
Pedro Rodriguez will be looking to make his 100th Premier League appearance for Chelsea. He has scored thrice in his last 4 games.
Chelsea have a Europa League game in midweek and this will give rise to a rotation as the business end of the season progresses.
Meanwhile, Cardiff will see the return of Aron Gunnarsson and this will be a major boost.
They’ll be without Nathaniel Mendez-Laing as the player suffered a knee injury against Huddersfield and will be out for three months. Josh Murphy is also recovering from a knock and is a doubt for the Bluebirds.
SOME KEY FACTS AHEAD OF THE GAME
- Chelsea have emerged as winners in 10 of their last 12 league meetings with Cardiff with 1 loss and a draw.
- The Blues have lost just 1 of their last 51 Premier League home games against newly promoted sides. They’ve won 42, drawn 8 and lost 1 which was against Bournemouth in December 2015.
- Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is yet to win in his last 10 Premier League games. 5 losses and 5 draws.
- The Blues whilst embracing Sarriball have made the most passes (2996) and have completed more passes (2677) than any other Premier League side in the 2018/19 season thus far.
Hopefully, Maurizio Sarri’s men continue the fine run and amass all three points with another convincing display.
Savechelsea.net also report Neil Warnock saying Chelsea lacked class in Abraham’s move.
in an interview ahead of their clash with Chelsea the Cardiff boss has shown he’s discomfort the way Chelsea handled his request for Tammy Abraham, who is currently on loan at Aston villa.Click on the link above to get full gist.