Chelsea have started perfectly in the 2018/19 Premier League season and will be looking to maintain the perfect start when Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth visit Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
This will be the Blues’ final game before the international break and it will be perfect to go into the break with all 3 points.
However, it can be recalled that the Blues faithful do not have fond memories of the last time the Cherries visited Stamford Bridge.
The Cherries ran out 3 nil winners over Chelsea on the night. Bournemouth are still undefeated this season with two wins and a draw from three games.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Therefore the Blues will surely have a game on their hands. Cesc Fabregas is the only doubt for the game after suffering what Sarri has described as a strange injury below his knee.
Meanwhile, Marco Van Ginkel who tore his anterior cruciate ligament will play no part for Chelsea this season.
Sarri will definitely line up in his traditional 4-3-3 formation. The Italian gave a hint of his possible starting 11 this season and he might stick with the same personnel against Bournemouth.
Eden Hazard played the full 90 minutes against Newcastle regardless of fitness concerns.
It remains to be seen if he’ll be handed another start alongside Kovacic against Bournemouth on Saturday.
Meanwhile, for Bournemouth, Junior Stanislas is the only player out after suffering a serious knee injury against Watford in April.
SOME FACTS AHEAD OF THE GAME
- Only 3 teams have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge more than Bournemouth (2), alongside Crystal Palace, Liverpool, and Man City in the last three seasons.
- Bournemouth have won 2 of their 3 Premier League games against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- Eden Hazard has had a hand in 110 Premier League goals (69 goals, 41 assists). Only the likes of Frank Lampard (237) and Didier Drogba (237) have more contributions for Chelsea in the Premier League.
- Eden Hazard has played a major part in 3 goals in his first 3 PL games under Sarri (1 goal and 2 assists)
Bournemouth have been very formidable against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge since they came into the Premier League.
A good number of rivals will be hoping that Eddie Howe’s men give the Blues a reality check tomorrow.
Hopefully, the Blues prove to be too strong for them with Sarriball and garner all three points on the day.