- Giroud, Hazard, and Pedro set record after UEL win.
- Sarri wins his first major trophy in his managerial career.
Football lovers all over the World witnessed a great game when Chelsea and Arsenal clashed in Baku. Chelsea emerged victorious, defeating their London rivals Arsenal 4-1 courtesy of goals from former Arsenal man Olivier Giroud, Pedro and a double from Hazard.
Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi scored the Gunners only goal which is the only goal to be scored by a Nigerian in a European league final.
The ex-Arsenal striker scored the game’s opener in the 49th minute. The French international was at the end of an Emerson cross. The goal was his 12th and also secured his position as the highest goal scorer in the competition.
The goal tally of Giroud in the Europa league is the highest ever in a season by a French surpassing Fontaine as the highest French scorer. The Reims legend held the record for 60 years.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Pep Guardiola’s opinion on Hazard’s move to Real Madrid
- Key 2019/2020 fixtures for Chelsea
- Transfer ban is inevitable for Chelsea this summer
- Sarri still tempted by Juventus move despite Europa success
- Records for all goalscorer in thrilling UEL final
- It would surprise Jorginho if ice cool manager leaves.
- Alonso gives verdict on why Sarri has had it tough at chelsea
There has been speculation on Belgian international Hazard future at the bridge with reports suggesting he is joining Real Madrid in the summer. meanwhile, the Belgian hinted that the match in Baku may be his last by saying:
“I THINK IT’S GOODBYE, TIME FOR A NEW CHALLENGE,”
However, if the game at Baku was indeed his last, he sure went out in style, scoring his 21st goal and 17th assist in the 18/19 season, his highest ever playing for the Blues also lifting his second Europa cup.
Hazard also joins Mark Hughes as the only players to score two in a European final for an English club. Mark Hughes did his with Manchester United in the 1991 Cup final against Barcelona.
Pedro goal in the 59th minute made him one of five to have ever scored both in the Uefa Champions and Europa League which were known as European Cup UEFA Cup respectively.
However, that’s not the only record set by the Spain international Savechelsea.net also report Pedro sets new record after UEL cup win.
The win at Baku made the Spain international the only footballer to have a Europa League, Premier League, FA Cup, World Cup, La Liga, Copa Del-Rey, Champions League and a Super Cup.
Don’t forget to leave a comment in the box below.