Jamie Redknapp has hailed Eden Hazard following his impressive start to the 2018/19 season.
Hazard has been top notch for Chelsea thus far in the opening 5 games of the 2018/19 Premier League season and has scored 5 goals for the Blues whilst providing 2 assists.
The Belgian’s hat-trick against Cardiff last season helped shoot Chelsea to the top of the Premier League table on goals difference.
This effectively meant that Maurizio Sarri maintained his 100% start as Chelsea boss.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
Therefore, this has prompted Jamie Redknapp to deliver his verdict on how impressive the Belgium international has been this term.
In a chat with Daily Mail, Redknapp said: “If you were choosing a Premier League fantasy team right now, Eden Hazard would be first pick.
“He was unlucky not to be named player of the World Cup. Had Belgium gone all the way, I am sure he would have won that award.
“Some of the things he was doing in Russia were out of this world. I bracket him with Neymar.
“What has stopped Hazard from becoming the greatest is that he does not have the same killer instinct in front of goal as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.”